- Township Services
- Clerk's Office
- Solicitor's Permit / Do Not Solicit
Solicitor's Permit / Do Not Solicit
Any person/company wishing to solicit door-to-door within Freehold Township must receive a permit from the Township Clerk's Office. Upon completion of an application form, the fee in the amount of $98 for the permit is required. A permit will be issued pending approvals. All permits expire December 31st of the current year. A Do Not Solicit list will be issued.
Please note that solicitors are only allowed to leave literature in doors. It is illegal to distribute literature on cars, bus shelters, poles or in mailboxes.
Download a Solicitor's License Application (PDF) or call 732-294-2010 for more information.
Do Not Solicit List
Freehold Township has instituted a Do Not Solicit List for Township residents. If you do not wish to be solicited/canvassed at your home, send us your last name and address, which will be added to the Do Not Solicit List. You may call the Township Clerk's Office at 732-294-2010, email us, fill out an online form, or mail to:
Clerk's Office, Freehold Township
1 Municipal Plaza
Freehold, NJ 07728
This list will be given to licensed solicitors and canvassers with their permits.
Rules Solicitors Must Follow Before Knocking on Your Door
- Commercial solicitors are allowed out only on Monday through Saturday and cannot knock after 7:30 pm
- Non-Commercial solicitors cannot knock after 9 pm
- All commercial solicitors except for Verizon, Cablevision and public utility companies must have Freehold Township issued identification. Non-commercial solicitors will have badges issued by their organization.
- If a solicitor knocks on your door and does not meet the requirements outlined above, or if you are on the Do Not Solicit list, call the Police Department immediately at 732-462-7500