Materials That Are Not Accepted at the Center
- Any hazardous material, including asbestos
- Fertilizers, household cleaners
- Chemicals, oil tanks, fuels
- Paint and paint-related products
- Thermostats containing mercury
To dispose of these hazardous materials, contact the Monmouth County Household Hazardous Waste Facility in Tinton Falls at 732-683-8686.
Hazardous Waste Facility Hours
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday
11 am to 4 pm
8 am to 4 pm
Appliances Containing Freon or Chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs)
- Air conditioners
Please contact a scrap metal yard for disposal of these items.
Construction Debris, Yard Debris & Vehicles
- Boats, trailers, campers, cars/car parts
- Construction, renovation and demolition material
- Plywood, 2-by-4s, etc.
- Grass clippings
To dispose of these items not accepted at the Township Recycling Center, contact Monmouth County Reclamation Center at 732-683-8686.
- Televisions with larger than a 42-inch screen
- Televisions with Wooden Consoles (any size)
- Any electronic item that takes more than 1 person to pick up and place in the container (includes office copiers and bigger printers/scanners)
To dispose of these items not accepted at the Township Recycling Center, contact Supreme Computer Recycling in Bricktown (at Lakewood Industrial Park) or Monmouth Wire and Computer (phone: 732-922-3320) on Shafto Road in Tinton Falls (on the east side of the road in front of Mazza's, about 1 mile south from the traffic light at Asbury Avenue).
There will be a charge of $20 to $25 to accept a wooden console TV, and a $25 charge to accept one of the larger TVs at Monmouth Wire and Computer.