West Freehold School House

Located at what was once known as Mount's Corner, the school was built in 1847 on land purchased for $25.00, the West Freehold School House was once part of the Rulif R. Schanck Farmstead, now the Oakley Farm Museum (also known as The Hartshorne, Combs Walker Farm and listed on National Register). It operated until 1937, when schools in Freehold Township were consolidated and moved into the West Freehold School.

Rebroadcast of the 2008 "From the Mayor's Desk" segment on Old West Freehold Schoolhouse Tour

Google Maps directions