Part-time/ Alternate Crossing Guard - Freehold Township Police Department
Contact: LT. James Kolis, 732-294-2150
JOB DESCRIPTION: School Crossing Guards help children safely cross busy intersections on their way to and from school and control traffic flow around schools in the morning/ and at the end of the school day.
QUALIFICATIONS: There are no formal education or experience requirements for this job, but all candidates must be able to understand and be understood in English.
All candidates are subject to a background investigation and medical screening, which includes drug screening/ prior to appointment.
Applications may also be obtained at the Human Resource Office, Freehold Township Municipal Building, 1 Municipal Plaza, Freehold, New Jersey 07728.
Freehold Township is an equal opportunity employer
Class III Special Police Officer - Freehold Township Police Department
The Freehold Township Police Department is a mid-sized police department located in western Monmouth County, New Jersey. The police department currently employs 71 sworn officers, serving approximately 35,000 residents, 6 elementary schools, 2 middle schools and 3 high schools, within 38 square miles.
The department is currently accepting resumes for the position of Class III Special Police Officer (SLEO 3) to help expand the SLEO 3 program within the Township schools.
Resumes may be mailed to: Freehold Township Police Department
Attention Detective Lt. Joseph Winowski
1 Municipal Plaza, Freehold, NJ 07728
Resumes may also be submitted in-person by the applicant at police headquarters located at:
Freehold Township Police Department, 1 Municipal Plaza, Freehold, NJ 07728, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Officers are hired on a part time capacity but will be required to work a 5 day work week, 8 hours per day at $35.00 hour during the calendar school year.
Class III Qualifications for pre-appointment:
• Must be a retired officer who has previously served as a duly qualified, full time law enforcement officer in any municipality, county, or agency of the state, bi-state, or federal agency, and must be living in New Jersey.
• Must be retired from that agency in good standing (necessary to have a letter of good standing issued by the agency from which the officer retired, listing the date and type of retirement. A copy of this letter will be provided to the NJ Police Training Commission.)
• Must be less than 65 years of age for appointment.
• Must pass a psychological exam.
• Must pass a medical exam and have a doctor complete a Medical Certification Form (form PTC 8A).
• Must pass a pre-employment drug test pursuant to Attorney General’s Law Enforcement Drug Testing Policy.
• Must have an updated background investigation completed.
Issuing Authority: Police Chief George K. Baumann