The Township of Freehold is accepting applications for a Full-Time Engineering Inspector within the Freehold Township Engineering Department. The position requires a minimum of one (1) year of experience in the inspection of roadways, site excavation and grading, water and sewer main installation, stormwater infrastructure, concrete flatwork, and other similar site construction activities. The position requires the ability to read and interpret plans, specifications and engineering drawings; inspect the installation of site improvements for both capital improvement projects and private commercial and residential construction projects; effective communication with residents, contractors, and developers; review of shop drawings and cut sheets; prepare written reports and cost estimates; and complete other field and office related tasks as assigned by the Township Engineer.
An undergraduate degree or background in civil engineering is preferred but not required. Salary is competitive and commensurate based on experience. We invite you to apply with a completed employment application, cover letter, resume, salary requirements and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Class III Special Police Officer
The department is currently accepting resumes for the position of Class III Special Police Officer (SLEO 3) to help expand the SLEO 3 program within the Township schools.
Resumes may be mailed to: Freehold Township Police Department
Attention Detective Lt. Joseph Winowski
1 Municipal Plaza, Freehold, NJ 07728
Resumes may also be submitted in-person by the applicant at police headquarters located at:
Freehold Township Police Department, 1 Municipal Plaza, Freehold, NJ 07728, or emailed to email@example.com.
Officers are hired on a part time capacity but will be required to work a 5 day work week, 8 hours per day at $35.00 hour during the calendar school year.
Class III Qualifications for pre-appointment:
- Must be a retired officer who has previously served as a duly qualified, full time law enforcement officer in any municipality, county, or agency of the state, bi-state, or federal agency, and must be living in New Jersey.
- Must be retired from that agency in good standing (necessary to have a letter of good standing issued by the agency from which the officer retired, listing the date and type of retirement. A copy of this letter will be provided to the NJ Police Training Commission.)
- Must be less than 65 years of age for appointment.
- Must pass a psychological exam.
- Must pass a medical exam and have a doctor complete a Medical Certification Form (form PTC 8A).
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test pursuant to Attorney General’s Law Enforcement Drug Testing Policy.
- Must have an updated background investigation completed
Full Time Weeknight Maintenance Attendant – Recreation Department
Hours : 3:30 – Close
- Clean Park Maintenance Building. (Office, Lunchroom, Bathroom)
- Check Board in Main Office for game schedules and rentals for the night. Check what fields lights are needed for the night.
- Clean desks and countertops, vacuum rugs in main office/superintendent’s office.
- Empty garbage and recycling in Recreation Office.
- Sweep/Mop Recreation activity center floor.
- Clean & sweep bathrooms. Disinfect all sinks, toilets, countertops, floors in recreation office, activity center. Both little league bathrooms and Jackson Mills side of the park at the end of the night. Then lock up.
- Check garbage and recycling in Michael J Tighe Park and Jackson Mills Rd side.
- End of the night, take down flags and make sure all doors and windows are locked and set alarm.
Please contact Chris Tufano, Park Maintenance Supervisor, at 732-294-2194 or Email: Ctufano@twp.freehold.nj.us
Part-time/ Alternate Crossing Guard - Freehold Township Police Department
Contact: LT. James Kolis, 732-294-2150
JOB DESCRIPTION: School Crossing Guards help children safely cross busy intersections on their way to and from school and control traffic flow around schools in the morning/ and at the end of the school day.
QUALIFICATIONS: There are no formal education or experience requirements for this job, but all candidates must be able to understand and be understood in English.
All candidates are subject to a background investigation and medical screening, which includes drug screening/ prior to appointment.
Applications may also be obtained at the Human Resource Office, Freehold Township Municipal Building, 1 Municipal Plaza, Freehold, New Jersey 07728.
Freehold Township is an equal opportunity employer